Thursday, October 30, 2008

Make up/Masks

Whenever i put on a mask or makeup, (and depending on what the mask or make up is for) I almost feel like a different person. The mask enables me to do different things than i normally would, just because i dont have to think about what i look like because im wearing a mask. It really all depends what mood I'm in when im wearing the mask, because usually I don't really care how i look anyways.. I mean I can really see how people would act differently because they're wearing a mask, but thinking of it that way doesn't really apply to me. I think its fun to watch professional preformers such as clowns or actors, and try to figure out how they actually act in real life. It's wierd to think that way, but i think it's kind of fun. I think that it'd be hard to be an actor or a preformer as an occupation, because you'd spend so much of you're life pretending to be something you're not. It's wierd watching interviews with people, because when you see certain actors you associate them with roles they've played and assume what they're going to act like. So when they don't act the way you assume they will it's pretty wierd. Sometimes this isn't the case. For example, Robert Downey Jr. most of the time acts how he does in roles. Or he acts in roles as he acts in real life is a better way to say that. I think living a life like that would be fairly stressful however. Look at Owen Wilson for example. When you watch him in certain roles like Wedding Crashers, or some of the other movies he's been in he's always so happy. But just last year he tried to commit suicide. What does that have to say about how actors act in plays and how they really act in real life? I guess you can use masks and make up to a certain extent, and live the fake for a while, but in the end it wears off and gets old.

No comments: